Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Buying agricultural land in maharashtra

(Querist) 06 August 2014 This query is : Resolved 

I am an NRI and interested in buying agricultural land in Maharashtra. However as per rules a non farmer cannot buy a agricultural land. I don't have any agricultural lands in father's or mother's name. My wife fathers has some agricultural land and his name is present on 7/12 extract along with his brothers name.
My wife's name is not on 7/12 extract.

My queries are as belows.

1. Can I buy agricultural land legally on my wife's name?

2. If so , Can she gift the agricultural land to me once i return to India?

3. If so , Can I buy second agricultural land if my wife's name has appeared on 7/12 extract of first purchase?

4. Any other legal ways of doing it?

5. My sister is married and she has farm land her name on 7/12 extract, will it be any use for me to buy agricultural land? Her name is added post marriage.

Looking for a detailed point wise clarifications and solution

ajay sethi (Expert) 06 August 2014
if your wife name is not in 7/12 extract you wont be able to buy agricultural land in your wife name . your sister can buy agricultural land in her name
Nilesh (Querist) 06 August 2014
in that case can my sister gift the land to me, i need to have the agricultural land in my name, please note that my sister is married.
Please let me know any othet way of buying agricultaral land in maharashtra in my name.
OR how can i add my wifes name on 7/12 extract of her father's.
please note that the 7/12 extract which my father-in-law posses is shared by his brothers.

please help
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 07 August 2014
Alternately you can buy agricultural land in Mahrashtra by making application for permission to buy agricultural land to Sub Division Officer/Collector the the district in which agricultural land is situated. Within three years of such purchase you have to start agricultural activities
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 August 2014
You have been advised properly by experts, I endorse their views.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 09 August 2014
An other way is to buy agriland in states where there is no such prohibition is found and after that buy in Maharashtra.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query