LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Builder's agreement/ sale deed

(Querist) 30 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Team,

My uncle has bought a small shop in a complex in chennai 5 years back. The property owner provided Builder's agreement at the time of giving possession, the same was NOT a registered one. Kindly advise whether this builder's agreement will represent as sale deed.
If the property owner NOT accepting our request for registration,
Kindly advise how to proceed further.
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 30 April 2012
there is any time limitation mentioned about registration?..

just issue a legal notice to the property owner by calling to registration..

-tom-
Deepak Nair (Expert) 30 April 2012
What is that builder's agreement? Is it the development agreement? If yes, then that is not a sale deed.
A registered sale deed needs to be executed by the sellers and purchaser to make the transfer legal.

ajay sethi (Expert) 30 April 2012
i presume your uncle has bought shop from buidler . in other words buiklder agreement is nothing but sale deedfrom builder .

it has to be registered within 4 months . further 4 months by payment of penalty
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 02 May 2012
I agree with Ld. Nair.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com