25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Associate member clarification

(Querist) 24 September 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir / Madam,

I had a query w.r.t. associate member

Firstly according to law who is an associate member (in this case i am refering to a flat)?

If the owner of a flat has the share certificate in his name and wants to appoint his son / daughter as a representative to participate in the CHS day to day activities is it possible / to attend meetings of the CHS ?

In this case the owner does not want to make a POA for the same. Is it possible that he make a simple affidavit confirming appointment of his representative to participate in day to day activities without any right to sell and /or mortgage the property.

Can such representative hold a post in the committee of the CHS?

Looking forward to your guidance on the same.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 24 September 2011
Such person cannot be appointed in person as an office bearer in CHS. Merely representation in the meeting on behalf of some other member ipso-facto do no provide equal rights to him to hold any post in his name individually, however, if his master holds such post, he may do so with the consent and permission of CHS.
Guest (Expert) 24 September 2011
Besides the advice of Shri Makkad, I would like to advise you to also go through the byelaws of the CHS for have better understanding about the membership and the conditions for election of the office bearers.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 24 September 2011
Hardly there can be a rule to appoint a proxy or otherwise to officiate an office which is filled by election/or selection.
H.M.Patnaik (Expert) 25 September 2011
a representative can be nominated to attend meetings of CHS but without any right to become a office bearer of the said CHS.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query