Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anticipatory Bail- Regarding

(Querist) 15 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Is it possible to get an Anticipatory Bail in a criminal case for a person, if the victim is still in the hospital. people says that the criminal law restrict the provision of Anticipatory Bail until the victim remains in the hospital.please clear my doubt
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 15 April 2011
The Sessions Court while deciding anticipatory bail application can also ake into its consideration the status of victim along-with relevant other factors but generally it do not become part of consideration.
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 15 April 2011
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 15 April 2011
You file the AB petition, but, it is upto the court to decide the genuineness and grant order.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 15 April 2011
it is not like that.
Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Expert) 16 April 2011
Mr. Giri

You may approch Session Court for granting of Anticipatory Bail.But you are not entitled bail as a matter of right. It all depend upon the sole discretion of the Hon'ble Court. Moreover each case has its own facts and circumstances.
james (Expert) 16 April 2011
Court can consider the gravity of injury of the victim. Hospitalisation is a different matter which has only a limited role atthe time of consideration of bail.In govt hospitals normally treatment is free and even food also.So victims may remain there for more than 20days to make a hurt into grevious one,though the injury is simple one.Courts are consious of these facts.So u can approach the Sessions or High court for anticipatory bail.REFER:AIR 2011 SC pages 334-340.
indrajit mukhopadhyay (Expert) 16 April 2011
If the nature of injury is not so serious then chance of getting 438 is higher.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query