LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ansestor's property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
My father-in-law and his 3 brothers have their ansester's property. To sale this property, he is asking me to give NOC. Is it really required and under which act? If I deny, then will they be able to sale their property?
One more query: My father-in-law has three daughters, all married. One of the daughter is not ready to give NOC. In such case what he can do? Can he go ahead with selling of the property?

Please help.


Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 22 November 2010
You have no connection in ur FIL property, as such ur noc is not required.
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 22 November 2010
The daughters of your father-in-law have equal share in the ancestral property. Therefore without NOC of a daughter the father-in-law would not be in a position to sell the property.
However, after partitioning the property, the father in law can sell other portions of the property which fall to his share, his sons and other two daughters with their signature.
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 14 December 2010
Your n.o.c not necessary to your father in law's property.. If any one daughter denied to put signature mean they can sale their share only. Can't interfere with that daughter's share
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 14 December 2010
I agree with Mr.Ramachandran.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 26 January 2012
I have nothing to add in the given replies,
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 January 2012
thanks a lot.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query