Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Ansestor's property

26 December 2009

My father-in-law and his 3 brothers have their ansester's property. To sale this property, he is asking me to give NOC. Is it really required and under which act? If I deny, then will they be able to sale their property?
One more query: My father-in-law has three daughters, all married. One of the daughter is not ready to give NOC. In such case what he can do? Can he go ahead with selling of the property?

Please help.

Sri Vijayan.AOnline (Expert)

You have no connection in ur FIL property, as such ur noc is not required.

R.Ramachandran (Expert)

The daughters of your father-in-law have equal share in the ancestral property. Therefore without NOC of a daughter the father-in-law would not be in a position to sell the property.
However, after partitioning the property, the father in law can sell other portions of the property which fall to his share, his sons and other two daughters with their signature.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
14 December 2010

Your n.o.c not necessary to your father in law's property.. If any one daughter denied to put signature mean they can sale their share only. Can't interfere with that daughter's share

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
14 December 2010

I agree with Mr.Ramachandran.

I have nothing to add in the given replies,

thanks a lot.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x