LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annulment of marriage

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 June 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Experts,

My wife and me knew each other before marriage and I knew that she was a patient of depression, but post marriage when she gets into a fight she shouts in full rage and becomes violent and this has happened more often then not she had threatened to kill me and my mother many time our fights would first be verbal and then she would attack me first and a physical fight would also break out, I have all the proof of her beating me and the bloodshed caused with images clicked, but she has threatened with 498A many times as well.
How do I file for annulment of marriage, kindly guide
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 June 2022
The marriage can not be annulled after it has been consummated.
However, you may consider to move a petition of grant of a decree of divorce.
P. Venu (Expert) 29 June 2022
Yes, you cannot seek annulment in the given facts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query