LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ancestral property dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My grandfather and his brother divided farm property between them unofficial and my grandfather further divided it into 3 equals parts to my father and my uncles still unofficial.
Now, the farm in our share and my father has cultivated more than 20 years, it's price has increased in the market.

So, kindly suggest what should we do to insure this farm remains in our share if matter goes to court.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 August 2021
Now in whose name is the property? Who is paying the taxes? Apply to the Revenue Officials for entering the names of your father and uncles in Revenue records, along with the death certificate of your grandfather.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 August 2021
Prepare a family settlement deed which may (optional) be registered.
P. Venu (Expert) 15 August 2021
In my understanding, nothing needs to be done. Such unregistered family settlements are saved by Section 49 of the Registration Act.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 January 2022
Your query as to unofficial is not clear. Whether it is unregistered or even unwritten?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query