LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ancestral property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Can my mother get share in my fathers ancestral property after partition?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 11 April 2024
Your father's ancestral property can be further divided among his children lone, your mother shall be entitled to a share out of your father's share in the proeprty that too only after his lifetime
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 11 April 2024
If your father is alive, your mother has no right in the ancestral property for your father's share.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 12 April 2024
No,after partition of ancestral property, your father became absolute owner of property a d the property will be considered his self acquired property so your mother can't claim any share in property during his lifetime and father has every right to transfer the same to any one as per his wish.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 April 2024
My father has expired after partition final decree but court did not go for further process still pending
After your latest clarification, your father expired and the matter is in Court under litigation after Partition. Why has the matter gone to Court in the first place and what was the nature of the litigation and at which stage the matter is in Court now? Also, how the said Partition was made is unknown, was it before the matter went to Court, and if so based on a Will or a Registered Partition Deed? Or was the Partition made as per the direction of the Court as part of dispute resolution?

Therefore, please approach a capable and dependable Lawyer in your area with full facts and documents for proper clarification.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now