IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ancestral property

(Querist) 26 March 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My grandfather had 3 sons , one son died in the year 1967 I.e my father , my grandfather divided his property after the death of my father in the year 1967, my grandfather some property mutated to my name instead of my father's name till today from 1967  the property on my name , now my sister claiming share in my  property,  whether it is ancestral property? I have studied the ancestral property should be un divided since 4 generations old , means my self ,my father, grandfather, great grandfather? Whether limitation act can apply?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 26 March 2023
According your statement, your sister is also have got a share since the property devolves on your father as hereditary.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 March 2023
Yes. Your sister is also having right over the property as your sister also comes under 4th generation.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 March 2023
Whether the property of your grandfather was his self-acquired or ancestral (4th generation) ?
If the property stated to have been transferred / mutated in your name is ancestral with your grandfather your sister has an equal right otherwise "NO"
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 March 2023
Your sister cannot claim any share in the property that was transferred to your name b y your grandfather during his lifetime.
It is not ancestral property
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 28 March 2023
in your given fact , your sister acquired share as the property devolves by way of inheritance.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query