Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

amendmend in issues

This query is : Resolved 

26 January 2010

in a suit for recovery court has wrongly framed issue no. 1 due to typographical mistake (which is not related to my case)under which provision i can move application for correction of issue no. 1.kindly help

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
26 January 2010

151 of CPC.

vinod bansal (Querist)
26 January 2010

Thanks a lot Sir

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)
26 January 2010

Raj Sir,
Thanks I was also eager to know the answer.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert)
26 January 2010

Sec 151 CPC - for inherent Powers for the ends of Justice .

Ordr XIV Rule 5 C P C ;- Power to amend and strike out,issues.

(1) Amendment or framing Additional Issues.

(2) Court may at any time before passing Decree stike out any issue wrongly framed or introduced

niranjanOnline (Expert)
26 January 2010

I agree with Mr. Rao.

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert)
28 January 2010

When there is a specific provision in the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 then resort to section 151 cannot be had. So, a issue wrongly framed can be rectified or struck out by the Court exercising its powers under Order 14, Rule 5 of the CPC. It is the duty of the court to frame appropriate issues arising out of the pleadings of the parties.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x