Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 22 June 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I am from maharastra india, following history of my problem

1) my grand father expiered in 1989 -having 4 sons & 5 dauthers.

2) after grandfather death land property transfer to 4 sons names in 7/12.

3) My grand mother expired in 2001.

4) bigest son expired in 2000.

Now 5 daughers claim fathers land property. giving application for include 5 daughters name in 7 /12 .

Its ok as per hindu law ?

Any rights for daughter to claim fathers property??

please give any advise to fight aganist this 5 dauthers


sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 22 June 2009
As per hindu succession act,2005 all daughters has the equal rights in their ancestaral property but this amendment act does not invalidated any disposation/ alienation including partition which had taken place before 20th day of december 2004. Please specify that what document under that property transfered to above said 4 sons in 7/12. Please specify the meanning of 7/12?

A V Vishal (Expert) 22 June 2009

You have not mentioned whether it is an ansectral property or self acquired property.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 23 June 2009

1- As on the date of Death of GF - 1989 - the old law is applicable to your GF property

2- Proepry transfered in favour of 4 Sons - is it by revenue mutations & Revenue partition or under any Regd Partition Deed

3- Is it Ancestral proerty or Self acquired proerty of your GF

4- If it is Ancestral proerty your Gf , and 4 sons will get 1/5th equal share

4- The 1/5th Sahre of late GF has to be divided in between (wife - no more ) ,5-duaghters and 4-sons equal 1/9th share in 1/5th share of late GF

4- Death of Elder son -his wife & childen will carry his rights
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 23 June 2009
I further advise you to take help of Shri Palnitker Retd Judge ! who is Resident of Aurnagabad Maharastra and Expert in this LIC and he can help you on local laws of Maharastra State

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query