LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adultery and bigamy

Guest (Querist) 30 October 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Team
I have filed a case against my husband under the domestic violence act and simultaneously a divorce. But he is not accepting the divorce notice sent to him through the court nor is he willing to talk about the divorce. Now i have come to know that he has remarried. He is a muslim, so my question is whether can he remarry without giving me a divorce? Also if i can file him against fraud, bigamy and adultery? Lastly, how do i get the proof of his remarriage, as i have spoken to the members of the residential society people where he stays and they have refused to be a witness.

Please help
ajay sethi (Expert) 30 October 2013
when he attends court for DV case serve him notice . what is endorsement on notice sent through court . if it is refused it is proper service .

for gathering evidence of his remarriage contact a detective agency . muslim law allows man more than one wife . if he has remarried without your consent you can file for divorce
Guest (Querist) 30 October 2013
Thanks Mr. Ajay. I have already filed for a divorce but he is not accepting the divorce petition.
manoj joshi (Expert) 30 October 2013
take proper steps through court give his proper address summon of court must be served on him if he deines warrent of arrest can be issiued against him , request court to issue summon through sp or dsp of that area
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 31 October 2013
For serving of summons follow proper procedure as per CPC.

A Muslim can marry 4 times.

For getting proofs of marry engage a private detective Agency. If you know the mullah who attended Nikah, take his certificate.
Guest (Querist) 31 October 2013
Thanks Mr. Rajendra K
Guest (Querist) 31 October 2013
Thanks Mr. Manoj Joshi, will surely try the same

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query