LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adopt sister daughter

(Querist) 07 February 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Respected Senior Counsel,

Kindly be informed that, one of my known person wants to bring his sister daughter from India to Sweden. his sister was passed away and her husband too. Now his sister daughter don't have any relations in India and she was standing alone in India without any relations to take care of her. Now his MAMA wants to bring her to SWEDEN and give shelter and guardianship. Hence I request yourselves to advise how to proceed further and what is procedure to follow to bring her to Sweden.

Kindly advise and help.
Yours sincerely<
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 February 2023
Your friend (known person) shall get guardianship orders from the court in India. Consult a local lawyer for guidance.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 15 February 2023
adoption is not possible if the man could have never married mother of the child who was her sister.

guardianship is possible.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query