Adding of coowner

Hello sir
Please let me know the procedure to add my name husband as co-owner to the property owned by me. Property is taken home loan and my husband is coapplicant. How wilbe registration charges.

Kindly reply

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)

Normally the Banks will not Permit such activities like Executing of any Registration of any types and the inclusion of Joint Owner in your case in the Documents of Properties in Mortgage with them Unless and Until the Loan is cleared.. Still you could discuss in detail with the concerned Bank and make an attempt.

Your Husband being Co Applicant of the Mortgage Loan his status is that of an Guarantor Only. Discuss with the concerned Bank

Your husband can not be made as co owner however he may be your guarantor in loan transaction.

Till the clearance of the loan, you cannot transfer the said property to your husband.

How your husband can be made co-applicant / co-borrower when his name do not appear in title documents.
Get the documents checked by a local lawyer.

Your husband is co-borrower in the home loan. Such procedure is permissible by most of the Banks. Either clear the Bank loan first or try to get permission / no objection from the Bank for transfer of any share of the mortgaged property.

×