Society taking festival charges forclly

This query is : Resolved 

23 August 2019

Have a flat in Pune in operative society,they r charging festival charges forcelly..wen asked they say it is passed in it legal..society has not gone any structural audit,fire audit since it is formed..what action can be taken against them .it is 47 yrs society

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
23 August 2019

1. Irrespective of any General Body Resolution or whatever, it would be illegal to collect "festival charges", from members, just simply because there is no provision /clause in the Model Bye-Laws of the Society, that is issued by the Coop. Dept. The only expenses for "cultural activities" permitted by the Coop. Dept. is "Independence day", "republic day" and "1st may". PERIOD.

2. Refuse to pay the Festival Charges and Complaint to the local Registrar of Coop., and additionally also file a grievance petition in the local consumer court, for redressal of your grievances.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
23 August 2019

Ji, complain against the AGM to the Registrar of Cooperative housing Societies of your District using RTI.

Sudhir Kumar (Expert)
24 August 2019

read society constitution first.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
24 August 2019

Is there any problem with celebrating functions with co-residents and enjoy harmonious relations?
If so, challenge the AGM resolution before RCS through a local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Expert)
25 August 2019

Such contributions need to be voluntary.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu