Remedy for false case

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
29 December 2010

My in-laws filed case u/s 406 against me and my parents.Cases against my parents have been quashed by the High Court based on my wife's submission before the court in her case u/s 125 as it was in total variance with her complaint in the case u/s 406.

What remedy do we have in IPC against such false cases?
Do we have sufficient ground to seek damages for malicious prosecution?

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
Click to Talk
29 December 2010

Yes only after your acquittal in that case. Moreover once she depose in the case falsely then you can try a case for perjury as well.

30 December 2010

yes you can take legal action after your case is over.

30 December 2010

After acquittal in the present case, you have to file a Suit for malicious prosecution and damages against your in laws.
Limitation for filing of the said suit is one year from the date of acquittal

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
30 December 2010

Agree with experts.

Ajay Bansal (Expert)
30 December 2010


Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert)
08 January 2011

I also agree with experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu