Purchasing property from husband of a deceased wife

I am planning to purchase a house in bangalore, this property belongs to a women who expired last year, Now husband has changed the Katha (tax document in his name) and had paid tax for one financial year. They have 2 son one is 17 years old and the younger is 13 years old. All the documents seems to be fine, He has all the deeds original and the title looks clear and still in wife's name. Now my question is what is the procedure to purchase the property as minor sons also equally inherit in mothers property along with their father. How to purchase this property and what steps to be followed.

The deceased titleholder has 3 LRs (husband and two sons), how can her husband sell out share of their sons ? Answer is NO.
Show the documents to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, opinion and guidance before finalising the transaction.

The property is jointly vested with the legal heirs of the deceased i.e. the husband and the children (and her mother, if alive). The father can execute the conveyance for himself and the children, as the minor guardian. However, they can repudiate the conveyance when they attain maturity unless the minors' share is transferred with the approval of the Court.

Yes. I agreed with the advise of Mr. P.Venu ji.

Sons are minors and entitled for equal share in the property.Yet, you can alienate the share pertaining yourself.

sankar narayanan (Expert)
14 December 2019

I endorse with experts

×