Legal practitioners fee rules

Dear friends,
I am an advocate at Tamilnadu. In Tamilnadu, we have the Legal Practitioners Fee rules, 1973 in force, regarding the structure of fees to be recieved by advocates. My Question is - What is the rule/ act guiding the fee structure of advocates in other states?
Please reply

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)

Ultimately it depends with your relation with client.

VIKRAM BALU (Querist)

Sir, Thank you - you speak of practical fees we recieve BUT
I want to know the fee rule prevaling as per the law, for example how are lawyers in states other than Tamilnadu filing the bill of costs/ Cost memo to be mentioned in the decree in civil suits mentioning the advocate fees. Here in Tamilnadu We file the cost memo based on the Legal practitioners Fee Rules 1973. Hope u got my question right

V R SHROFF (Expert)
19 December 2013

DO WHAT ALL OTHER ADV DO...
No separate rule for u.

I believe, nobody follow the rule and guideline of Adv fee.

Ur skill, art, intelligence, effectiveness, and reliability, popularity in society, all counts. Its negotiable.

no compulsion, both party happy with their choice and capacity to pay, capacity to legal job..!! free

ajay sethi (Expert)
19 December 2013

depends upon your experience , ability to argue in court .mutually agreed between parties

ajay sethi (Expert)
19 December 2013

in decree you have to charge advocate fees as per rules laid down in state

×