Legal heir certificate

This query is : Resolved 

24 January 2015

our HUF is consisting of 4 members,me ,my husband,and two children who are still minors.My husband passed away recently due to prolong illness.Now I am the karta and my two sons(minors)are coparceners.My query is that my husband was holding mutual funds in HUF which I want to get transferred in the same HUF but with the karta changed.The companies also want a successor certificate or legal heirs certificate along with other documents.With only 3 of us in HUF and in this case my sons being minor,do i need to give that certificate?Because getting that is a long tedious process.The holdings are above threshold limit.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
24 January 2015

Apply for legal heir certificate from the Tahsildar concerned. in the application you shall mention that the children are minors represented by their guardian/mother. if you want succession certificate, apply to the court concerned through a local lawyer.
you can act in individual capacity and on behalf of you minor children.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
25 January 2015

Submit the required documents including legal heir certificate which can be get issued from Tehsidar office.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Course by Ex-Judge!!     |    x