LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a & 494 case

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My wife complain 494A & 494 case against me more than three years after saperation.
Police investigate Bigamy without any order from court & submit Chargesheet. As per Chargesheet accused have illicit relationship with another lady.

Can police investigate such non-cognizable office without court order ?
Is court's order is necessary to investigate Bigamy complain ?
Can such allegation may be filed more than three years of saperation ?
Since in spite of repeated request through letter by registered post she refused to return, how she can be aggrieved person?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 July 2022
As per complaint of my wife, with whom I remarried, is a wife of another person.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 05 July 2022
Can police entertain a complaint and register FIR under section 494 IPC for the offence of bigamy ? No.
What sort of cruelty has been alleged in the complaint / FIR for the offence under section 498A IPC where you are living separate for the last more than 3 years ?

Vague and confusing facts can not lead to form proper opinion and oblige.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 July 2022
Only it is mentioned that me & my family members are tortured upon her. No reason, no specific date, no proof, no witness name are mentioned in allegation.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 27 June 2024
please share facts,.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now