IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

illegal- detention concealing FIR for Hours

(Querist) 24 March 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Hi all,

In the name of enquiry or investigation how long the police can detain accused person without registering the F.I.R, and can it be possible to take any action against the Station house officer who by influence or for any other reason illegally detaining the accused person without registering the FIR, I am asking this question bcoz the senior citizens were made scape goats in one of 498-A complaint lodged by their daughter in-law, the police on receiving the said complaint came to the residence of her in-laws and took them in early hours around 6:00AM and made them to wait till next day after noon at police station only. mean while when the advocate reached to P.S to find out on what complaint they were brought,the concern police negligently told him that thier superior officer is not available as he was held up in another meeting it is not possible to show you FIR and further said that as and when the S.I returns he provide u with necessary information, but unfortunately it seems the said S.I turned up to P.S around 9:00Pm, till then the old citizen made to wait till that time since morning.
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 24 March 2008
File a case of illegal detention against the Police officer under Section 190 of the Code of Criminal procedure. Also sent complaints against the erring police officers to the superior officer for departmental proceeding. If the superior officers donot take action, ask them as to what action has been taken on your complaint under the Right to Information Act. Also sent your complaints to media in grievance column.
Right to express yourself in the most valuable right in the democracy and it must be exercised when the time demands.
Gururja Rao (Querist) 24 March 2008
Thank you sir.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 20 February 2017
Rightly guided by the expert

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query