Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

civil or revenue matter

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 

sir, i have a query, i want to know whether a partition suit for agricultuiral land is admisable by civil courts or it is the matter of jurisdiction of revenue court......? if any civil court admits it for hearing can it get dismissed for the same reasons. kindly qoute concerned sections under which this provision is made under law. any case study or ruleing in this context.

Daksh (Expert) 23 April 2010
Dear Sir,

The partition suit for agricultural land is maintainable and could be adjudicated by the Civil court only as the revenue court carry out quasi judicial functions pertaining to revenue matters alone.

Best Regards
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 April 2010
Only revenue court has jurisdiction in the partition proceeding of agricultural land under Land Revenue Act.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 23 April 2010
It will depends upon the Law exist in your state.
Suryanarayana Tangirala (Expert) 24 April 2010
Revenue court have no jurisdiction to try partition suit civil court is only competent to try it
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 28 April 2010
Only Civil Court is the Competent Authority in this regard

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query