LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wrong information in service book

(Querist) 30 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hello sir/madam,
I am a central government employee and I took permission for higher studies for Bsc Fire and Industrial Safety through distance mode from Annamalai University having technical collaboration with NIFS. I had completed my course and submitted my certificate. At the time of LDCE (Limited departmental Competition Examination) for higher post, My course was examined in UGC distance mode. But, my course was not found in distance mode. So, I approach Annamalai University and they answer me that the course I completed was not distance, indeed it was a campus programme and it was regular mode.
So, I am completed shocked to here that my course was of a regular mode, But I got permission for distance mode degree. My employer did not give permission to appear for LDCE because at the time of permission, I had requested for distance studies and my degree is of regular mode and asked me to forget your degree. Actually I am working in Shift duty, so that I can attend classes even it is in regular mode. And in this three years I had never be absent from my duty.
All this happens was due to NIFS, pune. Because they give me wrong information that you can do this degree as distance and they give some relaxation in classes also and give me flexible timing to attended the classes. But actually it was a campus programme.
So i need an expert opinion on this matter, whether my employer can treat my certificate as regular mode and give me permission for promotion.
Or what if I approach court for justice.
Please advice me, as it is very important for me.
Thanking you all
Guest (Expert) 30 October 2017
Your subject line is wrong, as according your your own description of the problem, there is no wrong information in your service book. It seems to be a case of your own misunderstanding about distance course and a regular course. If your qualification course does not speak about distance education course, any employer can take the course as of a regular mode.

Jibin E G (Querist) 30 October 2017
But our employer says that he will not allow to be it as regular mode
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 31 October 2017
You received permission to have degree through distance mode but knowingly or unknowingly completed the degree by regular mode. It was a mistake on your part.

If you go legally, your department may initiate disciplinary proceedings for proceeding regular degree without permission.

Meet the concerned officer and request to reconsider his decision at department level if possible.
Jibin E G (Querist) 04 November 2017
Yes Sir, but they fear of someone may changeling this in court or higher authority. They are asking me to forget my qualification.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 04 November 2017
If you press your demand to accept your degree taken without permission, department may initiate disciplinary proceedings.

You can file case to consider to get court orders. Court may or may not order depending on merits.
Jibin E G (Querist) 04 November 2017
1) what are the maximum disciplinary proceeding for these type of cases.
2) Can I use this degree for any other course like Bachelor in Library Science from IGNIOU, were only one year required to complete the course. For B. L science, I will took proper permission. But, will they make any objection that your earlier qualification was not valid like that.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query