Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Will in favour of friend

(Querist) 28 January 2015 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

There is ongoing dispute between me and my wife. Divorce, petition, 498A are pending. I have some agricultural land received from my grandfather (out of his self-acquired)in my name. I do not want my property to go to my estranged wife in case I die accidental death. Kindly help me as to:

1. Can I make will of my property in favour of my sister or

2. Can I will my property to my friend.

3. Can my estranged wife challenge this will in court and will the will be valid.

Kindly suggest as to how can I avoid my property going to estranged wife who is harassing me for property in case I die.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 January 2015
1) and (2)A will may be executed in favour of any one.(3) she may file in court, then court will be decided. better to executed a gift deed in favour of the person of your choice.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 January 2015
You can make a registered will in favor of person of your choice.

In case of gift deed it can not be reversed till all parties agree to it.
Guest (Expert) 28 January 2015
A Practical Solution by Expert Mr.Kavksatyanarayana.Consult a Local Good advocate and choose a real Friend.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 January 2015
Repetition of same query in different manner, see reply to other one and avoid repetition, despite the fact that the expert shall give you some opinion, however, do not misuse the facility for your personal benefit that too FREE OF COST.
Engage and consult a local lawyer.
Arjun Mohite (Querist) 29 January 2015
Dear Dr. Vashisht Sir,

Thanks for your advise.

With due respect to you, I have posted queries because I have genuine problem. I have consulted few lawyers, but I could not get satisfactory solution. So that I thought fit to seek help here. I am in no way abusing this facility.

Every query has different problem. I thought it is better to raise separate query for separate problem. Otherwise, It may cause confusion.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 31 January 2015
Registered WILL fetches more reliance and court may not set it aside......

Gift deed is certainly a better option...

You can sell your self acquired property anytime......
Arjun Mohite (Querist) 10 March 2015
Dear Sirs,

Thanks for the advise.

Since the property is received from grandfather out of his self-acquired property, will I require the consent of my estranged wife to sale or gist this property.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query