LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is this Property is called?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,

A property from a widower comes to his Son-in-law{Got married to her ONLY daughter} (Property came to him, Not through any instrument like WILL or Gift etc., but just entering his name in the Revenue records in early 1950's; as not questioned , the title is perfected ? ),and even today his name is carried as a Pattedhar (Owner)in the Revenue records.What is this property is called "ANCESTRAL" or "SELF EARNED(OWNED)".

The person is dead now.He adopted one Male and one Female child.Can his Adopted Daughter ask for a share as she denied share by her Father through a WILL , writes all the property on the name of his Adopted Son?

With regards and Thanking you All in anticipation of an early reply!
prakash vathore (Expert) 26 December 2009
if the will is there and u denied ur share in that will then u cant do anything, at the most u can challege the will.
niranjan (Expert) 26 December 2009
Your qwuestion does not seem to me clear.lHow many heirs are there of the deceased? If that property was self acuired of the deceased and he bequethed the property by will and other heirs have not been given,the will can be challanged.
Ashok Yadav (Expert) 26 December 2009
This property will be ancestral property because he inherit the property from his forefathers.

But the right to claim the property by his adoptive daughter can not be denied because the property is in his name was ancestral property, and a daughter have equal right to son.

The daughter can go to the court for declaration, or can challenge the probate of will.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query