LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Valuation slip

(Querist) 21 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Suit for declaration and possession
Suit property values 450000
Whether declaration suit can be try before the civil court junior division
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 21 May 2024
The pecuniary jurisdiction of civil court varies from one state to another.
You may specify the state which you belong to.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 21 May 2024
Every suit shall be instituted in the court of the lowest grade competent to try it. As per A.P. Civil Courts Act, the pecuniary jurisdiction of the courts is as follows: Suits amounting up to Rs.3,00,000/- lie before the Junior Civil Judge's Courts. Suits over 3,00,000/- and but not exceeding Rs. 15,00,000/- lie before the Senior Civil Judge's Courts and exceeding Rs. 15,00,000/- lie before District Courts. It is important to note that the High Court has no Pecuniary Jurisdiction and only appeal lies before it.
NAGARAJ (Querist) 24 May 2024
mine is karnataka state
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 24 May 2024
You can enquire from a lawyer in the local or visit the court complex and enquire the same from the head clerk or shristdar of civil court directly for knowing about the pecuniary jurisdiction to file the proposed suit

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now