FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

use of fake seal of police

(Querist) 21 April 2009 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir
if somebody is using fake and forged sal ofpolice department on various documents then what kind of action can be taken agaist him and by whom ? and with which aothority case can be registered ?

again can police suomotto take any action against such person on the basis of some news published in the news papers ?
ESTHERPRIYA (Expert) 21 April 2009
Fake seals used by persons other than the authorised person is punishable criminal offence under IPC. POlice can take suo motto action if there is an instruction from higher officials to do so.
R_RTM_JAIN (Querist) 21 April 2009
can u exactly quote the section of IPC ? who can lodge the complaint and with whom ?
A V Vishal (Expert) 22 April 2009
Section 484. Counterfeiting a mark used by a public servant
1[484. Counterfeiting a mark used by a public servant.

Whoever counterfeits any property mark used by a public servant, or any mark used by a public servant to denote that any property has been manufactured by a particular person or at a particular time or place, or that the property is of a particular quality of has passed though a particular office, or that it is entitled to any exemption, or uses as genuine any such mark knowing the same to be counterfeited, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.
MANISH (Expert) 22 April 2009
Dear friend,
Apart from 484, you may also use sec. 466 of the indian penal code.
R_RTM_JAIN (Querist) 25 April 2009
dear sir

still one Query is unresolved - who and where case can be registered ? can anybody file a case or there must be a person having grevience ?
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 30 April 2009
make a complaint to police. rest is thier part to play.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query