LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Urgent help about rights on parent property

(Querist) 15 May 2012 This query is : Resolved 
respected sir/madam
i am a lady of rohtak we are 6 siblings 3 brothers n 3 sisters our has been passed away in our childhood and till then our father take care of us very well and settled us .we all were living our life peacefully we sisters did not interfere in life of our brothers but unfortunately our brother are shameless they got every facility via our father all the property of our parents i.e., 200yards plot named my mother and a 100yard plot named our father and now they my brothers were ill treating my father thats why we have taken our father at our in laws house but now we want to teach them a lesson so i want your legal advise that what can we do and what is our right on our parents property?????
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 16 May 2012
If the 100 yrads property is your ancestral property then you all the sisters can claim the share, but if it is not ancestral then you sisters don't have any rights. If your father is willing to transfer it to anybodies name then let him transfer it thru., regd. deed, he can gift it or he can relinquish his rights.
In your mother's share you all have got equal rights. To get your share you will have to file suit for partition
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 18 May 2012
How these properties came into existance?

Father can will his self-acquired property in any manner he deems fit.

In the mother's property if it is self-acquired, each sister has a share and she can ask for partition of that property.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query