LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unregistered apartment society

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 June 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I have a apartment in Hyderabad, i have let it out, there is a AD HOC committee running the affairs of the apartment, the AD HOC committee consist of two persons, they were nominated by unregistered apartment association.
These two persons have been taking unilateral decisions without consulting the members of the apartment. When they are asked for a meeting they never respond.
Please advise.
Thanking you.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 June 2022
The posting suggests no actionable facts or legal elements.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 06 June 2022
The association is stated to be unregistered, hence it can not be termed as an "association" in law and no action can be initiated by such person(s) in the name / on behalf of such association.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 June 2022
If the ad hoc committee formed was not endorsed by all the members or it has no support of all the members i.e., at least 2/3rd members' support, then you along with other aggrieved members can question their authority by sending a joint legal notice to the ad hoc committee. If their reply is not satisfactory, you may approach the Registrar of cooperative Housing societies for relief with an order of stay for the functioning of the ad hoc committee.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query