LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Under what section of CPC can we ask for 'No Say'

(Querist) 23 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I have been advised in these columns to plead before the consumer court to pass an order of 'No Say' on the opposite parties as they have not even been coming to the court inspite of 5 adjournments and that too for filing just the version. Can you please tell me under what section the Memo has to be filed (section of CPC or Consumer Act or similar) along with relevant content?

Thanks in advance
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 April 2010
I have never heard about this No say order so cant tell you any relevant provision of law as according to me no any provision contains such No say order.
Praveen Kumar (Querist) 23 April 2010
Kindly go through this link:

Ms. Archana has talked about the No Say provision.
niranjan (Expert) 23 April 2010
Under O.IX,rule 6(a) when summons duly served and if it is proved that the summons was duly served, the couurt may make an order that the suit be heard exparte.
Daksh (Expert) 24 April 2010
I concur with Niranjan would like to add to comply the requirement of Order V (20) to make your case water tight.

Best Regards


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query