LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

under section 498 dowry prevention act

(Querist) 09 March 2011 This query is : Resolved 
pls suggest me the court proceedings of 498 case
indrajit mukhopadhyay (Expert) 09 March 2011
just go and visit the court.
prashant pundhir (Expert) 09 March 2011
Court will record the statement of plaintiff u/s 200 cr.p.c. and of the witnesses u/s 202 cr.p.c. After that summon the accused persons and decide their bail applications . Then the formal witness of 244cr.p.c. and cross,charge u/s245.The main proceeding start from the evidence246cr.p.c.Rest all the proceeding is same as of fir case .
Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (Expert) 10 March 2011
the complaint will be filed by the female and in that case an application u/s 156(3) cr. p. c. can also be moved for the direction to police station for registration of case under section 498. then after the registration of case the accused persons are arrested and produced in the court and then released on bail on spot or after some time and than the charge is framed against the accused persons. and then evidence is started in this case. this is one side of the proceeding. The other side in this on filing of complaint direction is issued u/s 202 of Cr.p.c. for inquiry in that matter and to submit the report. then report faovours the complainant than the notice is issued to the accused persons and the same procedure of bail and evidence is started.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 11 March 2011
hey are u complinent ?
or defendent ?
jitendra narain sinha (Expert) 11 March 2011
In both cases i.e. to say either in complaint case or police case on finding arrived at that a primafacie case is made is made out then court can frame a charge,record the evidences of witnesses and after closure of the prosecution witnesses your statement u/s 313 cr.p.c. will be recorded and then after hearing the parties and perusing the record he will pass a judgment of acquittal or convivtion.It is made clear here that your question is not related with dowry prohibition Act rather it relates to Indian Penal Code.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query