Transfer petition in sc

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
26 January 2021

Dear Learned Experts:

I'll keep it short and simple. I have a child custody matter pending in Bangalore Family Court against my ex-wife that I need to transfer to Hyderabad FC because my ex-wife moved to Hyderabad along with the child. In this regard, the following questions:

(a) Can I move a petition to transfer the case to Hyderabad in the Hon'ble Supreme Court?

(b) Can I file such a petition representing myself (party in peson) or is it a must that I engage a counsel for SC matters?

(c) Can I attend the hearings online through video conferencing?

(d) Typically, how long does it take for the case to get transferred?


N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)
26 January 2021

Normally Only the Concerned Wives would be filing such Transfer Petition and in your case you are going to do that for the Welfare of the Child and it is good and appreciated. For the Transfer you have to file sufficient Proof the Wife and Child are in Hyderabad and if you could file an Consent Petition from your Wife it would be more simple and easy to get the Transfer. Normally the Supreme Court Transfer Petitions in Such matters could be completed in 90 Working days and Serving Notice to the Other Side regard to this would be mandatory.

VenkatOnline (Querist)
26 January 2021

Thank you Sri. Narasimha.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)
27 January 2021

Welcome and Take Care

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)
27 January 2021

a. Yes
b.can file petition as party in person.
c.with permission of court only. fixed time for it.

VenkatOnline (Querist)
27 January 2021

Thank you very much Sri Nandaji.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
31 January 2021

Agree with the advice from expert R.K. Nanda.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
New Course - IBC!     |    x