Transfer petition in sc

Dear Learned Experts:

I'll keep it short and simple. I have a child custody matter pending in Bangalore Family Court against my ex-wife that I need to transfer to Hyderabad FC because my ex-wife moved to Hyderabad along with the child. In this regard, the following questions:

(a) Can I move a petition to transfer the case to Hyderabad in the Hon'ble Supreme Court?

(b) Can I file such a petition representing myself (party in peson) or is it a must that I engage a counsel for SC matters?

(c) Can I attend the hearings online through video conferencing?

(d) Typically, how long does it take for the case to get transferred?

Thanks,
Venkat

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)

Normally Only the Concerned Wives would be filing such Transfer Petition and in your case you are going to do that for the Welfare of the Child and it is good and appreciated. For the Transfer you have to file sufficient Proof the Wife and Child are in Hyderabad and if you could file an Consent Petition from your Wife it would be more simple and easy to get the Transfer. Normally the Supreme Court Transfer Petitions in Such matters could be completed in 90 Working days and Serving Notice to the Other Side regard to this would be mandatory.

VenkatOnline (Querist)

Thank you Sri. Narasimha.

Welcome and Take Care

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

a. Yes
b.can file petition as party in person.
c.with permission of court only.
d.no fixed time for it.

VenkatOnline (Querist)

Thank you very much Sri Nandaji.

Agree with the advice from expert R.K. Nanda.

×

New Course - IBC!     |    x