New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of property act

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 August 2023 This query is : Resolved 
How much is court fee for filing original petition under Section 83 of transfer property Act ,under what provision of court fees Act?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 12 August 2023
This is a forum where the lawyers from all over India answer.
The court fee differs from one state to another, hence you should have specified that in which state are proposing to file the proposed suit, so that a lawyer from that state would be able to elicit on this matter
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 12 August 2023
I agree with the advise of senior expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, court fees differ from a State to another.
However Section 83 will not attract the provision of Court Fees Act which reads as:
Section 83 in The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
83. Power to deposit in Court money due on mortgage.—
At any time after the principal money payable in respect of any mortgage has become due and before a suit for redemption of the mortgaged property is barred, the mortgagor, or any other person entitled to institute such suit, may deposit, in any court in which he might have instituted such suit, to the account of the mortgagee, the amount remaining due on the mortgage.
Right to money deposited by mortgagor.—
The court shall thereupon cause written notice of the deposit to be served on the mortgagee, and the mortgagee may, on presenting a petition (verified in manner prescribed by law for the verification of plaints) stating the amount then due on the mortgage, and his willingness to accept the money so deposited in full discharge of such amount, and on depositing in the same Court the mortgage-deed and all documents in his possession or power relating to the mortgaged property, apply for and receive the money, and the mortgage-deed, and all such other documents so deposited shall be delivered to the mortgagor or such other person as aforesaid.
Where the mortgagee is in possession of the mortgaged property, the court shall, before paying to him the amount so deposited, direct him to deliver possession thereof to the mortgagor and at the cost of the mortgagor either to re-transfer the mortgaged property to the mortgagor or to such third person as the mortgagor may direct or to execute and (where the mortgage has been effected by a registered instrument) have registered an acknowledgement in writing that any right in derogation of the mortgagor’s interest transferred to the mortgagee has been extinguished.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 12 August 2023
Very clearly advised the prudent expert Dr.J.C. Vasishta sir.
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 13 August 2023
Thank you very much Kavksatyanarayana ji.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now