LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of housing society joint share certificate

(Querist) 18 August 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,

I'm trying to help a neighbour who holds a property jointly in our Housing Society. The Primary Member has recently expired. The surviving associate member wants the share certificate transferred fully in her name.

How does one proceed in this case?

Best regards,

JJ Varma
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 August 2022
She shall submit a copy of 1. Share Certificates 2. Death Certificate of the Deceased.3.PAN Card of the Successor 4. Attested Signatures by Banker of the Successor and proof of address of the successor to the society.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 19 August 2022
The surviving member has to submit an application with death certificate of deceased member and original share certificate to the Managing Committee for issuance of fresh share certificate, other documents of the member/ joint member are already on record of the Society .
The MC shall pass a resolution to transfer "full" membership rights in favour of surviving member and record the same in "Membership Register" maintained by the Society.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query