LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of agriculture land as gift by a sc husband

(Querist) 01 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My husband belongs to schedule caste in Uttar Pradesh. I belong to OBC. We had intercaste arranged marriage in 2007 with willing of both side family members proper hindu vivah in presence of around 100 relatives.
Can my husband transfer the agriculture land that was purchased by him to me as a gift? Is it be permitted?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 December 2023
There is no restriction or legal infirmity on your husband to transfer his self acquired property to his spouse by executing a registered gift deed.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 01 December 2023
Yes. There is no objection to getting a gift deed from your husband in your wife. If you convert this into non-agricultural purpose then it requires permission from the District Collector/Authorised Revenue Authorities.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 02 December 2023
Yes, husband can legally gift/transfer the land to his wife irrespective of cast,
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 02 December 2023
The problem here is that :-

1. an agricultural land belonging to SC cannot be transferred to non-SC, as provided inUP Zamindari Abolition Act 1952.

2. simply you are married to SC you do not acquire SC status and remain OBC.

Such transfer of land does not hit the intention behind the legislation. You may have to apply for permission of DM.

In this case

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now