Upgrad LLM

To start a new business

This query is : Resolved 

22 March 2012

I want to start a new business for mineral water pouches(200ml) which will be packed in a plastic pouch. What are the formalities I should fullfill before going for the business?

A V VishalOnline (Expert)
22 March 2012

It is compulsory for all the manufacturers who intend to set up the processing unit, to obtain the ISI mark from Bureau of India Standards. Unless the inspection is done by the staff , tests carried out in an independent lab and official confirmation and license number is obtained, Unit can’t commence commercial production.

In house Lab is used ,such Lab should be equipped to carry out all physical , chemical and micro biological tests prescribed as per IS : 3025, 1070, 4905, 5401, 5402, 5403, 5887, 10146 & 10500 and has to be conducted by expert chemist / micro biologist.Packaged Natural Mineral Water governed under IS:13428:1998, Amendment 1-5 upto 15th October 2004 and Packaged Drinking Water governed under. IS: 14543:2004.

The standards published for bottled water [both categories] clearly mention the filtration processes, hygienic conditions, lighting, labeling regulation etc. It also list the relevant testing standards [IS 3025, 1070, 4905, 5401, 5402, 5403, 5887, 10146 & 10500] required for methods of testing.

These standards can be obtained from any branch of BIS for details: http://www.bis.org.in

BIS: Bureau of Indian standards is a premier organization engaged in setting standards for various products and services.

ISI: Indian Standard Institution is the former name of BIS but till date ISI is the MARK given by this orgainsation.

PFA: Governed under Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954, this agency safeguards the interests of the consumers through constant check on the food and beverage sector.

Under Ministry of Water Resources, Central Ground Water Authority [CGWA] regulates the use of ground water. Under power conferred to them under section 5 of Environment [protection] Act, 1986, CGWA has directed all processing units of bottled water to get their bore well registered with them. The same has to be applied under prescribed proforma.

Apart from that you need to register under VAT & other labour laws

22 March 2012

Thanks for giving such valuable information.
Instead of using ground water and treating it, if I use the treated water i.e botteled water and make small packs with the same water then in this condition will I have to go for the process as you mentioned.

Nagaraja B S (Expert)
22 March 2012

Mr. Philmon,

Basic Compliance's you need to follow are

1) Check your Brand name - You should contact IP Lawyer

2) Manufacturing License

3) VAT

4) Shop and Establishment

5) ISI & ISO process / license is good for you.

For more details, contact

Corporate, Commercial & IP Lawyer
IP Lex Global Services
email: nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
23 March 2012

I think Vishal has already resolved your query and nothing remains to be added therein.

Guest (Expert)
24 March 2012

I agree with the advice of Shri Vishal.

C. P. CHUGH (Expert)
25 March 2012

Yes, Nothing better can be said of what Mr Vishal has explained.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x