LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tenant in business premises. ( for 20 years )

(Querist) 15 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
sir , i am from chennai. In 1998 my father entered into an legal rental agreement with subbulakshmi who is the owner of the Property. subbulakshmi doesn't have, she adopted a son prakash as son as per law. In 2007 she tranfer the property to prakash as settlement . in 2007 my father again entered an rental agreement with Prakash. Prakash has two childrens one son and one daughter ...his son come and collects the rent every month..After property Transfer Prakash not taking care of Subbulakshmi...Due to no proper care she left to relations house. There she died...Even Prakash not attended the funeral or Buried the Dead body....In 2015 Prakash died. His son and daughter without asking us sold the property to somebody else. we are paying the rent every month regularly. we have not received any receipt for the rent paid. but last time we paid rent by dd and cheque only...Now we are Running business there we don't have any other business. My family's only income source is from the Textile showroom there. The Purchased person asked as to vacate the premises. What can we do?..We have filed a case in court. We are running business for 20 years .. How can we leave? court evict as immediately? or how long it takes court to evict as from the premises? me ....Is there is any law to Protect as tenant from the new landlord.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 July 2018
Vague and confusing averments.
You have stated to have already filed a case, presumably after engaging a local lawyer, did you consult him/her?
krishna mohan (Expert) 03 August 2018
You can consult a legal expert on property matters for right guidance including retention of your tenancy. But owner of the property has right to seek eviction for his own use. Better try to go for compromise with new owner as per mutually agreeable terms.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query