LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tenant atrocities in the commercial complex - reg.

(Querist) 03 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Learned Experts, I have let out a shop in 1st floor to a tenant who is defaulted in payment of rent. I had filed an eviction suit in the court. The first floor has two shops. The other shop was vacant for the last 4 years due to this tenant who has dumped his materials in the stair case and passage area. The common lock for the stair case was also removed by the tenant and he has locked the stair case shutter with his new lock. I was unable to let the other shop for the last 4 years. The eviction suit is pending in the court for the last 2 years. I am a senior citizen. Whether I am eligible to pray the court for early disposal of the suit as I am a senior citizen? Further, Whether I can file any police complaint for his unauthorized and illegal usage of stair case and common passage and the change of common lock by the tenant? I request the Learned Experts to guide me in the matter with their extensive respectable knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 04 November 2021
Yes your case shall be listed on early dates.
You may lodge police complaint for illegal, unauthorised and forcible occupation of space / common area, breaking open locks, extension of threat to kill / dire consequence if reported.
Your lawyer is the best person to guide and advise you, who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case.
Vasudevan (Querist) 04 November 2021
Much obliged with the reply of Learned Dr.J.C. Vashista.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 04 November 2021
I agree with the advice of the senior expert Mr. Vashista sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query