LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 18 November 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir, I have purchased a propery and it was learnt then that the property(agricultural land) was under dispute in court for partition. Now I have made both the parties for compromise and parties are ready for sulenama. Now during the negotiation it was decided to give some part of my purchased property to other party and receive the same portion inexchage. Is it possibe by court to give me that portion of exchanged land directly on my name without repurchasing from registrar?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 18 November 2010
f the partiton decree is registered then no separate registration is necessary.
Chandbhai Chand Shaikh (Querist) 18 November 2010
Thanks sir, the land is already purchased in registrar office but the other party has demanded some portion from my property and offered his land for me whereas I am not involved in that partition case . Am I required to do anything in that court where the case of sulenama occuring?
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 19 November 2010
IF change of property takes place, afresh document is needed.
It attracts stamp duty
s.subramanian (Expert) 20 November 2010
If you get impleaded as a party to the pending suit,you can participate in the sulenama proceedings and work out the transfer as per your negotiations. You cannot do it without becoming a party to the proceedings.
Chandbhai Chand Shaikh (Querist) 21 November 2010
Dear Subramanian sir, Thanks for the valiable advice. Whats the procedure and formalities for sulenama? also whats the time frame?

Thanks and regards

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query