25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suit for recovery of money

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 02 July 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

In case if your case of section 138 INA is not maintained in the court for some reason but you have all documents of payments made to party, CAN WE FILE CASE IN CIVIL COURT FOR RECOVERY OF MONEY ?
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 02 July 2010
Yes you can file a civil suit for recovery of money by paying a court fee.
In NI Act you cannot recover the amount it is punishable section.
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 02 July 2010
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 02 July 2010
Definitely yes.
Pankaj Mehta (Expert) 02 July 2010
ya, definitely a civil suit is maintainable in ur case, u should have described here as to why ur complaint u/s 138 is not maintainable??
B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert) 02 July 2010
Money recovery suit may be filed for recovery of arrears in any event. Even if a case is filed under Section 138 of NIA, money recovery suit may be filed in addition to the case filed under 138.
Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 03 July 2010
Yes. File a money Suit if the debt is within 3 years.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query