New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stop tenant rights

(Querist) 22 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir,
I am a owner of a shop situated in khanyan, hooghly-712147, West Bengal. From 1985 I was given this shop to a tenant (With a Agreement). But after that no Agreement was not done. From last 4 to 5 years tenant not paid any rent (Last rent was paid rs. 125/- Per Month). Now holding this shop by tenant more than 28 Years. I want to vacate this shop. What is the procedure for it ?


Dhrubojyoti Sinha Roy
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 22 September 2023
Issue a legal eviction notice to vacate for default in rental payment and requirement of the premises for own use.
If he is not vacating within the stipulated period you may file a eviction suit before the rent controller court
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 22 September 2023
that is the only way now.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 September 2023
Yes. File eviction suit in court.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 22 September 2023
Initiate eviction proceedings against tenant on grounds of default in making payments of rent and personal bonafide requirement.
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 23 September 2023
Why were you silent for the last 4 years when you did not get rent and rent agreement was already expired ?
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer to initiate eviction proceeding for recovery of possession as well as outstanding rent and damages, with mesne profits.
P. Venu (Expert) 29 September 2023
Non-payment of rent itself is a cause for seeking eviction through the due process of law.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now