Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Specific Relief Suit

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 August 2010 This query is : Resolved 
In a Specific Relief Suit consisting of two Government Departments G1 and G2 as defendants.

Releif prayed from G1 is a document.

G1 was set exparte since he did not file Written Statement till one year or more. I need the relief prayed from G1 urgently.

The Suit is in the Stage of Issues. Can I request the Court to direct G1 to provide the relief immediately as it is an important evidence for me in this suit.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 19 August 2010
If the sole or one of the defendants does not appear then court goes to proceed ex parte against it and thereafter the court is not handicapped to pass any interim or final order against it. Thereafter if the defendant fails to comply with the directions then there is various provisions for it implementation which varies with the nature of order.
s.subramanian (Expert) 19 August 2010
What is the relief y0u have sought against D2. If the reliefs sought could be split then you can seek the interim relief.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query