LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sister-in-law creating trouble

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My father have two brothers (let's call them A & B) Our property originally belonged to A who recently gifted the entire property to my father. B passed away last year. Now his dead son's widow (my sister-in-law) is demanding property from my father. They lived with us for 10 years and troubled us the entire time. I wanted to know if my sister-in-law has any rights over the property. Is it possible to evict them? We don't share a good relation with them and she is giving threats to my father. Ours is not an ancestral property. The property was build by brother A who gifted it to my father.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 September 2023
If A had gifted his self acquired property to B by a registered gift deed, then it becomes an absolute property of B, in which nobody can claim any share as a right, including the donor.
Now that the donor is also dead, the legal heirs of the donor cannot claim any rights over the property.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 21 September 2023
given facts indicate that she has no claim.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now