Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Settlement deed

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 January 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Brother A released his share of his bother B.Now B wants to execute settlement deed in favour of sons of A.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 January 2023
B can give the gift of his properties to the sons of A. The sons of A have no rights over B's properties; hence, the settlement deed is incorrect.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 23 January 2023
After relinquishment, B became absolute owner of property, he can gift ,sale or transfer property to anyone as per his choice but can't transfer property to A's sons through family settlment as A's sons are not his family members and a family settlment can be executed among family members only. B can transfer property to A's sons by way of gift deed or sale deed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 January 2023
What is the status of the property in the hands of A which is stated to be under release / transfer i.e., his self acquired or ancestral ?
Which document is executed by A to release subject property in favour of B ?
What is your identity and concern / problem / locus standi to the said property or query, if it is not an examination hall question paper ?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query