LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Settlement deed

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 July 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,
Immovable commercial and residential property are settled by a muslim father in favour of son, out of love and affection. Whether, this can be revoked ? and any time limit.
Thanks in advance.
Guest (Expert) 06 July 2020
Settlement Deed could be cancelled by approaching the Concerned Court with Legally Valid Reasons
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 06 July 2020
Settlement deed can revoked. If it is revoked you have to file case.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 07 July 2020
Yes, it can be cancelled /revoked by the parties to settlement.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 07 July 2020
1. IF Father transferred property to Son, via a Gift Deed, THEN the gift deed can be unilaterally revoked by Father under the Senior Citizen laws, by giving proper justifications.

2. IF Father transferred property to Son, via a Release /Settlement /Sale Deed, THEN the Release /Settlement /Sale Deed, can be revoked ONLY by mutual consent joint signatures (of Father & Son) in a registered "Revocation Deed".

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 07 July 2020
Repeated query:
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 08 July 2020
Thanks Experts.
Registration Department without settlee's consent has registered the revocation deed. What is the remedy.?
Thanks experts.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 08 July 2020
Show all documents to local lawyer and discuss in detail. / proceed as per his advice.
Guest (Expert) 08 July 2020
Normally in the Cases of Settlement Deed Cancellations the Registrar would Execute the Cancellation if the person who had Executed it proves that all the Originals are in his Possession only and no transaction had happened after the execution of Settlement Deed the Registrar could cancel it with his Discretionary Powers .
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 July 2020
Thanks Experts. In the light of the experts opinion, I will further proceed as per advise.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query