LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Settlement deed

(Querist) 15 December 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

My mother wants to furnish a settlement deed in my favor for an immovable property
in her name.But she wants to convey this
to me after her death.Can this be executed now with a clause that the transfer of rights is only after her death?Please reply at your convnience.

Anirudh (Expert) 15 December 2014
That can be done only by way of a WILL and not by any other way.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 15 December 2014
i do agree with learned expert mr. anirudh.
ajay sethi (Expert) 15 December 2014
your mother can execute a will in your favour . it takes effect on death of the testator . further it does not attract any stamp duty .
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 December 2014
She can execute a conditional settlement deed with the conditions for a life time benefit to her and the property will devolve on the beneficiary after her death.
BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Expert) 15 December 2014
Experts given only one option, which you have. proceed.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 15 December 2014
Will is best option in giving conditions.
ravishankar (Querist) 15 December 2014
If will is executed, has it to be registered? Will there be delay or problem in probating it?
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 15 December 2014
If you anticipate any dispute by getting the property through the WILL, you can prefer the Settlement Deed. You can impose the condition that the possession is handed over but alienation can be done after the demise of your mother.
ravishankar (Querist) 15 December 2014
Thanks a ton..
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 16 December 2014
registration of will is optional, but it would be better to register to avoid future complication.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query