Seeking suggestion for my parents divorce

Hello Everyone,

My name is Raj Bhartiya (25 years). I'm an IT professional staying in Bangalore. I want suggestion on how can I proceed with my parents separation as my Mother's life has become a living hell. I cannot afford the charges as I'm the only one working at my home in order to take care of all the expenses of the house and my siblings education.

My father has not been providing any financial support to the house for almost 2 years now and he doesn't even work or has the will to work anymore. He drinks everyday and verbally abuses everyone including my younger sister who is just 13 years old. When I'm not at home he threatens my mother saying that he will kill her in her sleep and abuses her in a way that I'm ashamed of even typing those words here.

Yesterday night i.e.. 16-04-2021, when things got out of the hand I had to call Police in order to resolve this but eventually even they couldn't do much as he was completely drunk and was not listening to anyone.

I fear the safety of my family. Please suggest me what I need to do? Also please do suggest me how can I take custody of my younger brother(17 years) and sister(13 years) as their future is at stake and I do not want my Siblings future to get spoiled.

Raj Bhartiya
nikkuraj786@gmail.com

Your intention to look after your siblings is appreciated. Make a complaint against your father in the Police Station concerned by consulting a local advocate. Or your mother may file a case against your father that he is abusing her and threatening to kill her.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

agreed with views of earlier expert. Contact the Learned Lawyer in your vicinity.
thanks

It is your mother who has to take the initiative in taking proceedings esp. under the provisions of the DV Act.

Raj BhartiyaOnline (Querist)

Thank you all for your suggestions.

×