LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seeking advice for will dispute

(Querist) 12 October 2008 This query is : Resolved 
my father died 2 years ago.he left a will that says every thing he had goes only to me.we r 3 brothers.but nobody knew about this will until few days ago.7 months ago my mother@my brothers made me sign some papers that i didnt care to that i came to know about this will;i told my mother&brothers.but instead they told me that i already have read that will and i have signed another will that states with my authority i transfered everything to my mothers name.but ihave no clue about doing this.iwant everything as my father,s will says.but they are not agreed with this.they are saying that i will get nothing now.pls advice me what to do?
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 13 October 2008
What they got signed from you if have been converted into your Will, you can always revoke it. You have options to take action against your mother/brothers in criminal law, which I think you will not think of. Find out the contents of the papers which they have fabricated after you put your signatures. It appears that they are just putting pressures on you to get a settlement on the property.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 13 October 2008
Mr. Thukral is absolutely correct......i would further suggest that u can file a suit for declaration on the basis of the will that ur father did in ur favour.

but try to find out the contents of the document that ur other relatives made u to sign.

approach some local lawyer with all the documents intact so that confirm opinion can be made.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 14 October 2008
Dear Ricky,
At first you find out the said Will. Whether it was a registered or not?
If registered, dont worry about the signatures by you in the white papers.
Even if they made as a will, you can cancell it whenever you like before your death. If the Will of your father is a unregistered one you have to find it . Otherwise they will destroy it.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query