LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale agreement property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 March 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My father bought a house in 1982 with registered sale agreement in which 80% amount was paid and rest 20% was to be paid on sale deed.
Electricity connection, water tax and house Tax everything(all timely paid) is in my father's name from beginning , our whole colony is like this
I don't know why but as i heard, descendants of seller asks lakhs of rupees from the people who wants to sale/get registered their property.
So how can we get this registered in our name by paying remaining/reasonable(Inflation adjusted) money. Through court or any law
We also wants to take home renovation loan on this property.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 23 March 2023
The seller from whom your father purchased the house shall execute the sale deed and if he is not available for any reason, his/her heirs shall execute the sale deed. Otherwise, file a declaration suit in court.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 March 2023
The title of subject property is still in the name of LRs of vendor, which they may not bind themselves with agreement to sell stated to have been executed in 1982.
Settle the issue amicably.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 24 March 2023
Yes, settle the issue with seller if alive otherwise with his legal heirs and get executed sale deed.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 24 March 2023
The sale agreement entered in the year 1982 is very badly barred by limitation at this stage.
The limitation period is just three years.
Legally speaking your father is not having clear and marketable title to the property though a sale agreement was entered into between him and the owner.
If the LRs demand money, then better negotiate the amount and get the property registered by a sale deed and remain safe.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now