(Querist) 12 January 2013
This query is : Resolved
C. Shanmugam Plot No.113, Kasi Amman Koil St, Annai Meenachi Nagar, Perumattunallur, Guduvanchery 603 202. E Mail: email@example.com Mobile No. 9841888978 / 9840403338.
Letter No. P113/SIC/2013-2 dated 11-01-2013.
Sub:- Clarifications on RTI Act / applications Reg.
I am to state that I have called for 16 information's from the Public Information Officer, Office of the Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, Chennai 600 018 under RTI Act on 08-08-2012.
2) As I have not received any information or communication from the Public Information Officer, I have applied for First Appeal under Section 19(1) RTI Act 2005 to the Appellate Authority on 10-10-2012 and no response from him till 09-11-12.
3) Again there was no response either from the Public Information Officer or from Appellate Authority, I have preferred Second Appeal under Section 19 (3) of RTI Act 2005 to the “ Tamil Nadu Information Commission, Chennai 600 018 on 09-11-2011 and got their Office Seal in token for receipt of my Second Appeal petition.
4) I have sent a separate letter to the State Chief Information Commissioner, Tamil Nadu Information Commission, Chennai 600 018 on 15-11-2012 requesting to instruct concerned Officers to take-up the issue properly as per act in force and dispose of my RTI Application.
5) Further, I am to state that I have also requested him to send reply to me within 21 days otherwise it will be refereed to Consumer Forum / Court to get remedy in addition to claim of compensation for their deficiencies in services.
6) My application darted 15-11-2012 has been received by the Tamil Nadu Information Commission, Chennai 600 018. on 16-11-2012.
7) Apart from this, I have also preferred my grievances through ON LINE Complaint by sending all the above copies of letters on 15-11-2012 and got registration number as GOVT / E / 2012 02873.
8) Then I have contacted the Office of the Chief Minister Complaint Cell on 13-12-2012 to know the status of my complaint and I was informed that the on line application is being traced out by them . So, I have sent a e mail reminder to him on 13-12-2012.
9) Unfortunately there was no response from any one of the following Officers till sending this request to you.
i) Public Information Officer, Office of the Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, Chennai -18.
ii) Appellate Authority, Office of the Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, Chennai -18. iii) Tamil Nadu Information Commission, Chennai 600 018.
iv) The State Chief Information Commissioner, Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, Chennai -18.
v) The Special Officer, Chief Ministers Special Cell, Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai -9.
10. I am attaching all the copies of my applications for your kind perusal and give suitable advice / suggestion to file a case in Consumer Forum for their deficiencies in services against the above 5 Officers or to file Writ Petition seeking directions on the following points.
a) Directing the Tamil Nadu Information Commission to dispose of my RTI Application with in 30 days. b) Call for explanation from the State Chief Information Commission for not taken action against my application dated 15-11-2012. c) Send a Notice to Government of Tamil Nadu . Central Government to fix time limit for disposal of second appeal petition within 60 days by amending RTI Act. d) Dispose the Grievances applications within 30 days instead of two months.
11. I am expecting your valuable suggestions / advice on this issue to proceed further.